Calling all freelancers, remote workers and aspiring or existing entrepreneurs!
- Are you bored of working from coffee shops?
- Are you running a start-up, a social venture or are you creating change through enterprise? Do you want to to set up a social venture or are looking for a way to make your venture/project more socially or environmentally focused?
- Working on something and are looking for inspiration?
- Want to attend start-up events and workshops, and spend time working from a cool co-working space?
- Or perhaps you are already oversees but tired of moving cities and hotels all the time – perhaps it’s time to find a base for a month to focus on that project!
If you want to learn how to make your work more sustainable, whether financially, socially or environmentally, or if you’re just super keen to get away from it all and do something different and work from somewhere new, then this might be the opportunity for you.
We are organising a one off remote working experience for a group of 5 digital nomads who are freelancing, working on ventures or projects or wanting to start-up their own thing.
Dates: 16th April to 14th May 2016 (with the option to extend your stay for an extra 3 weeks)
What we’re offering:
- 28 nights of accommodation – A modern apartment (kitchen with all mod cons, comfortable beds, living room) in Hi-Tech City
- 12 days of co-working space in 91 Springboard – an exciting co-working office in Hyderabad with offices in cities across India including Mumbai & Bangalore.
- 4 Weekly Workshops – The opportunity to join our weekly workshops on topics relating to start-up methods personal development and social impact
- 4 Weekly Excursions to local cultural sites
- Invitations to start-up events in the city
What do you get from the experience:
- The opportunity to work alongside like minded individuals in an interesting location
- Our partners are social enterprise incubators – UnLtd Hyderabad and UnLtd Tamil Nadu and we can make introductions to other social entrepreneurs around India
- We know the local area well so can give advise on the best cafes with Wifi to work from, the local gyms/yoga studios you can join, the best places to eat and the best places to go out in the evenings
- You can soak up the local culture – get a taste for the incredible south Indian cuisine, take trips to other parts of India at weekends (past Immersion groups have travelled to Goa, Hampi and Mumbai), visit the Old Town and local markets, make connections with Hyderabadi social entrepreneurs and visit cultural sites and temples
- The opportunity to work alongside specialist volunteers on our socially impactful Immersion Programme, and co-create and facilitate workshops which will support you in the development of your own work.
- The chance to work from an interesting location in India, make new friends, gain a fresh perspective, learn, have fun and collaborate
Hyderabad is known as the tech-capital of India, and its place on the scene was firmed up when Google & Microsoft based their Indian headquarters here.
Aside from its pretty lakes, the serene inner city neighbourhood of Banjara Hills, or the lively (and extremely fun) nightlife it’s one of a few places in India where you can go to a Hackathon, work with a social entrepreneur tackling carbon emissions and pitch for seed funding – all in the same week!
India is the land opportunity – and Hyderabad is rapidly emerging as the place to be for any hot new start-up. So we’ve decided it’s time to invite others to #JoinUs and get inspired by the great people, things to do and good work that’s coming out of this wonderful city.
“As the co-founders of _SocialStarters we have been digital nomads for 18 months now and we know what it’s like to always be on the move having travelled and worked from homes, wifi cafes and co-working spaces in Nairobi, Rio de Janeiro, Hyderabad, Colombo, London, Paris & Auroville. Being a digital nomad is best when you are amongst other likeminded people to bounce ideas off, feeling part of a start-up scene and getting hugely inspired by fresh ideas. Otherwise it can be a bit lonesome at times. This is why we keep coming back to work from Hyderabad, it’s an incredible city providing endless sources of inspiration. We have decided to invite others to Hyderabad to bring together international digital nomads to collaborate, learn & design with us. We know you’ll love it there as much as we do.”
Anna & Andrea – Co-founders of _SocialStarters
This one-off ‘Digital Nomad Experience’ will run for 28 nights between 16th April – 14th May 2016.
If you are interested in joining us in Hyderabad don’t wait around, places are limited – email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP or by 25th March at the very latest and tell us:
- More about the work that you’re doing or an idea that you have: provide a brief summary of no more than 200 words
- Why you want to come to Hyderabad and how will it benefit you?
It’s that simple!
We are filling places on a first come first serve basis, so if we like your application we’ll get in touch to arrange a call and talk to you about next steps.
….Looking forward to seeing you in India!
Anna & The Team